I am extremely interested in diet, nutrition and probiotics in regards to gastroenterology and oncology.
I currently run a clinical trial using the low FODMAP diet with NET patients at The Royal Free Hospital. The low FODMAP diet, although challenging to follow has a high success rate in IBS.
I also take part in reviewing evidence in probiotics, diet, supplements and oncology:
- Whyand T, Caplin M. Review of the Evidence for the use of Probiotics in Gastrointestinal Disorders. Gastroenterol Pancreatol Liver Disord 1 (4);1-9. 2015
- Rossi RE, Pericleous M, Mandair D, Whyand T, Caplin ME. The role of dietary factors in prevention and progression of breast cancer.Anticancer Res. 2014;34(12):6861-75.
- Mandair D, Rossi RE, Pericleous M, Whyand T, Caplin ME. Prostate cancer and the influence of dietary factors and supplements: a systematic review. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2014 16;11:30.
- Mandair DS, Rossi RE, Pericleous M, Whyand T, Caplin M. The impact of diet and nutrition in the prevention and progression of hepatocellular carcinoma.Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2014;8(4):369-82.
- Pericleous M, Rossi RE, Mandair D, Whyand T, Caplin ME. Nutrition and pancreatic cancer. Anticancer Res. 2014;34(1):9-21.